Monday, May 7, 2007

Journey to That Big World

<<-This is, sort of, what I look like at Week 32. (Except the doctor says I'm growing a week ahead of time.)

So Mommy and Daddy have started taking classes to prepare for my arrival. They've been learning how to take care of me, like how to give me a bath, different positions I might like to be held in, and even how to wake me up without making me cranky. I can tell Mommy enjoyed watching Daddy put a diaper on the fake baby. He had a little trouble but she thought he was so cute.

In their "Preparation for Childbirth" class, Joe teaches them all about connecting with each other while Mommy's in a lot of pain. They've learned so much already and met some very interesting people that actually live close to our neighborhood. Last week, we were one of the snack families (Joe says couples which I think is a bit offensive because I'm a part of this, too) and we brought vegetables with dip and some vanilla wafers. It was a very good showing. There were no veggies left and less than half a box of the cookies. And we were only 1 of 3 families to bring something. All theirs was eaten, too! It was quite the feast. Though, I don't think the fathers got very much to eat. I mean, they do only make 1/3 of the class.

Anyway, Mommy learned some breathing techniques last week that were very invigorating. After she practiced I was wide-awake. Joe says that it's because all that heavy breathing provides a lot of energy for us babies. Mommy's been practicing all week just to get me to move. She’s been afraid of my lack of movement, but I told her "See how much you can move when your elbows in one corner of the room and your heel is in the other while your head is stuck in the skylight!"

Joe also teaches them positions that will be comforting to Mommy while I'm trying to figure the best way to finally say hello. Maybe you can help me. I'm thinking of showing up a little early since I'm getting too big for my surrounding. Just a week early, enough for it to be a real surprise. I think I might start the journey late at night while Mom is showing Dad another episode of "Friends" or while Daddy snores as Mom watches "Dreamgirls" again. Then, I thought I'd leave them in suspense a little and make Mommy wait a whole 12 hours before I gave Daddy the first peek of the top of my head. And once I'm there...I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll sleep, it is a long journey. Or maybe I'll take a look around to see what all the fuss is about out there. Maybe you guys could tell me what to look for. What are some good things about being out in this big world I keep hearing all the time?

1 comment:

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

i stumbled across this blog and i must say it is the cutest thing ever..very clever - totally dig n it! :o)